Whether you have one machine or fifty, your equipment deserves the same care that Komatsu Equipment gives its own rental fleet. That's why we offer a Preventive Maintenance Program to help you maintain your mining, utility and construction equipment. Just tell us which machines you'd like us to cover and we'll make sure they're properly serviced on time and as specified in your Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manual by a qualified technician.
Benefits of a Preventive Equipment Maintenance Program include:
- Planned Maintenance Costs—The Preventive Maintenance Program outlines the costs of all the parts and services included in the agreement at the time of signing. For a more comprehensive program that covers components, see our Repair and Maintenance Program (RAMP).
- Convenience—You can plan your work more effectively by scheduling your maintenance service when and where you want it. We can perform maintenance services on your job site or in our state-of-the-art facilities - after your equipment and operator have finished the day's work, so there's no downtime or overtime.
- Increased Machine Availability—Scheduled service can be performed when the machine is not in use, including evenings and weekends. And, early detection of problems can be corrected before they cause breakdowns causing increased downtime.
- Cost-Effective—Early detection of problems can be corrected while they are still minor repairs, before they affect other parts and become costly repairs.
- Environmental Compliance—Oil and anti-freeze are considered environmental waste. Hazardous waste material is disposed of properly by Komatsu Equipment technicians.
- Warranty Assurance—With documented oil analysis for your excavator, bulldozer, wheel loader, attachment or other equipment, you'll never risk losing your warranty coverage.
- Increased Equipment Value—Detailed maintenance, repair and oil wear analysis records are kept on the machine so its true value is always known.
- Longer Machine Life—Regular maintenance increases the life of your machine.
Komatsu Oil & Wear Analysis (KOWA)
The Best Way to Look Inside Your Equipment
Analyzing engine oil and other fluids is the best way to look inside a machine’s engine and powertrain. It can help you identify trends and make informed repair and maintenance decisions.
The Komatsu Oil & Wear Analysis (KOWA) program uses independent laboratories across the United States to determine how your machine is performing based on a small sample of oil or other fluid. Much like a blood test tells your doctor how your body is functioning, KOWA lets you see how your equipment is performing on the inside. Used with Preventive Maintenance Program, KOWA is your best defense for proactively maintaining your Komatsu excavator, bulldozer, wheel loader, attachment or other equipment.
KOWA detects fuel dilution and coolant leaks, identifies contaminants, and measures wear-metals. Komatsu Equipment Company will help you interpret this information so you can identify potential problems and head them off before they lead to major repairs.
Data Analysis and Record Keeping
Internet Access – KOWA Online is a free service that provides immediate access to your oil analysis data and results. It doesn’t matter where you are – your KOWA results are just a few keystrokes away – 24/7. To register for this service go to http://www.kowaonline.com and click on ‘Create an Account’
Customized Software – KOWA-LOAMS (Lube Oil Analysis Management System) – provides access to oil analysis reports and data, graphs, transit time statistics and fixed management reports on your computer. Data can be provided via email or directly from the internet at http://www.kowaonline.com. The Software is $395 and data is provided at no additional cost. Contact your Komatsu Equipment PSSR in Nevada, Utah or Wyoming to place an order.
- Independent labs for objective results you can trust
- Results compared to Komatsu guidelines to eliminate guesswork
- KOWA-LOAMS software tracks equipment trends for long-term maintenance planning and budgeting
We are serious about servicing our customers. Our fleet of 95 field service trucks is ready to get your equipment back to work. All services are completed by certified technicians who adhere to strict safety guidelines and receive additional training each and every year.
Contact your PSSR in NV, UT or WY for more information or to schedule your next Preventive Maintenance Program.