Tough. Reliable. A Lot Like Komatsu!
Receive a Cannon Safe with the purchase of a Komatsu Care Service Agreement.*
Click the icon for more details.
The KOMTRAX Mobile App is Here!
Click the icon for more details.
Find us on Facebook!
Let Komatsu Equipment be your Maintenance Group.
- Repairs and maintenance at a fixed cost
- No minimum charges—payment is based on actual hours of operation
- Repairs before failure
- Coverage exceeds any available warranty
What is a RAMP?
A RAMP is Komatsu Equipment’s solution to eliminate unknown maintenance and repair expenses for your machines. It provides a fixed hourly cost that can be used to budget accurately and to plan your operating expenses throughout the contract term.
From hydraulic leaks to engine failures, your machine is repaired with no additional cost. The RAMP includes fluids, parts, labor, travel time, and mileage for covered items.
What’s included in a RAMP?
A RAMP covers Preventive Maintenance at manufacturers’ recommended intervals.
- Lubricants, disposal, filters, seals, labor, and travel are included.
- Fluid sampling and analysis are included. KOWA(Komatsu Oil and Wear Analysis) provides levels of particulates and various metals, critical information to identify potential problems before they become critical.
The RAMP covers repairs, rebuilds, and replacement for all covered items. Covered items include, but are not limited to:
- Powertrain – engine, transmission, torque converter, finals, differentials, brakes, coolers, pumps, and drive lines.
- Hydraulics – pumps, motors, coolers, hoses, pipes, valves, swing boxes, and cylinders.
- Electrical Systems – harnesses, wiring, controllers, relays, monitoring panels, and alternators.
- Structural – cab, main frame, loader frame, engine frame, swing bearing, trunnions, boom, stick, linkage, and castings.
- Other – V-belts, air conditioning, heater, and controls.
A RAMP does not cover wear items, and items that are damaged by the customer or “acts of God.” Typical wear items include tires, GET (e.g., buckets, rippers, blades), undercarriage, pins and bushings. Items that are physically damaged, such as glass, mirrors, rims, and handrails are not covered. The customer is responsible for daily lubrication, maintenance, and air and fuel filter changes necessary between the scheduled service intervals.
How is service scheduled?
Each machine covered under a RAMP agreement is equipped with a KOMTRAX unit, Komatsu’s GPS monitoring system. With KOMTRAX, Komatsu Equipment can track the machine’s location, hours and performance to determine when service is required and can identify any abnormalities so that problems can be addressed quickly. This information is available on the Internet for easy access.
On most machines, KOMTRAX data also includes peak temperatures, error codes, cautions, fuel consumption, and other equipment indicators. If it is not standard equipment on the machine, the cost of the KOMTRAX unit is included in the RAMP agreement, and the system remains with the machine at the end of the contract.
How are you billed?
The RAMP agreement is billed monthly at an hourly rate, based upon actual machine usage. If the machine is not operating, there is no charge. The monthly usage is derived from the KOMTRAX system, which has been installed on the machine. The hourly rate will be subject to an annual escalation factor, based on the US Department of Labor PPI index for construction or mining equipment.
What are the term options?
A typical agreement is for 8,000 hours, but a RAMP contract can be created for any term length. The RAMP agreement can be cancelled at any time. In case of an early cancellation, the difference in the balance is reconciled.
For more information, contact the Nevada, Utah or Wyoming location nearest you or call 866-982-4657 today!